Thursday, July 5, 2012

This Amazing Dude


Saw The Amazing Spider-Man movie this past weekend. And it was so amazing indeed! The movie nailed the teenager interpretation of the original Spider-Man story. Although I would like for Spider-Man to be more of a "joker", just like when he joked about his weakness was small knives in the movie trailer.

Anyway, I just had to do an artwork of the "original spidey" because I was so inspired by the movie. This took me a while to draw (first time trying to draw spidey, took me three tries. I was a little confused on the blue part of his costume on his body) but here it is! The coloring style is the same as my TLoK: Tenzin artwork but without the white outline because I scanned this drawing a little bit wrong, and when I apply the effect, the white outlines turns out distorted.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, RB! I think it's better without the white outline. Be careful with what's going on in the chest and left shoulder area. The spider logo feels a bit low too.
    I'm jealous because I haven't had a chance to see the new movie yet!

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David! I guess it's a good thing the white outline didn't work out after all haha. I try to apply my own style when drawing bodies but still sticking to the right proportions/anatomy of the human body. And yes I just noticed it too right now, the logo is a little low.

      Go watch the movie when you have free time! The reboot was amazing and I think it captured the original story of Spider-Man, the teenager type story. Thank you very much for the comment! :D

      Delete
  2. Without the white outline is better, I think. :)

    Micah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think so too, I was trying to apply the same style I used on my previous artwork. Good thing the white outline didn't work out! haha! Thanks for the comment Micah! :D

      Delete